Meeting the networking needs of the pan-African eLearning and distance education sector, the annual eLearning Africa conference is the key networking venue for practitioners and professionals from Africa and all over the world.
- eLA is the largest gathering of eLearning and ICT supported education and training professionals in Africa, enabling participants to develop multinational and cross-industry contacts and partnerships, as well as to enhance their knowledge, expertise and abilities.
- At eLearning Africa 2012, 1.483 education and training practitioners, experts, researchers, newcomers and providers from 69 countries gathered during the three conference days at the
Palais des Congrès de Cotonou in Benin, Cotonou.
89% of the participants came from African countries. The conference programme featured the work of 300 speakers and chairpersons from 50 countries, addressing all forms of technology-enhanced learning and including a rich mix of themes, topics and a variety of session formats.
- Delegates are high-level policy and decision makers and practitioners from education, business and government - the three key areas driving eLearning adoption and innovation.
- The conference is held in English and French. It includes plenary sessions with world-class experts, smaller presentation and special focus sessions, practical demonstrations and debates on specific topics, as well as various informal networking opportunities where practitioners share their experiences, ideas, new information and perspectives.
- An exhibition and demonstration area accompanies the programme, where leading international eLearning manufacturers, suppliers and service providers present their latest products and services. Participants evaluated the exhibition as a critical meeting point for professional interaction within the conference.
- A full-day programme of workshops conducted by leading eLearning practitioners precedes the event. These small, intensive sessions offer attendees a unique opportunity to fine-tune their skills and acquire new ones.
- A number of special events take place alongside the conference, such as product launches, special interest group get-togethers, sponsored workshops, best practice showcases and meetings.