Welcome to eLearning Africa
eLearning Africa is a global network of professionals working in the field of ICT supported education and training. It includes educators, trainers, technology specialists, policy makers, and investors. Since 2005, we have been sharing our knowledge and experience of technology enhanced learning, ensuring that our network is now the largest professional community promoting African expertise and talent in education to the rest of the world, and a leading resource for the transfer of knowledge about eLearning within and to Africa.
eLearning Africa brings you to the forefront of online learning and educational technology
The core mission of eLearning Africa is to showcase and support sustainable education solutions and improve access to relevant information, education and training, in order to drive economic and social prosperity. We enable our network of digital education and training professionals to develop multinational and cross-industry contacts and partnerships, as well as to enhance their knowledge, expertise and abilities.
- We promote the use of digital technologies, including computers, mobile devices and the Internet.
- We raise awareness and support capacity development and training in human resources, institutions and infrastructure.
- We help attract investment into all levels and all sectors of education and learning, from early childhood, to primary and secondary education, higher education, vocational training, workplace learning and life-long learning.
- We bring together a multitude of stakeholders in our community of practice to facilitate community building and knowledge exchange.
Through our Annual Conference, Academy, Webinars, Round Tables, Networking Events and Newsletter, we offer you
- Insights on opportunities and challenges that are changing the world of learning
- Guidance on how to choose and use various technologies
- Proven practice, approaches and strategies from leading institutions and organisations
- Practical advice to implement new content and solutions in your learning environment
- A framework for action for your organisation's and learners' needs
- Case studies presenting critical success factors
- Opportunities to discuss innovative approaches with experts and your peers
- A Connection to a Pan-African community of practice in the field of digital learning
- Access to a network of over 72,000 experts and practitioners in education, training and skills development across the African Continent
- Information about the latest learning trends within digital learning and training
- Professional development certified courses in teacher training to improve teaching, learning and assessment with sustainable innovative strategies and solutions
“It has been a great and eventful moment so far... No dull moment but continuous learning. I have never been engaged like this in a scholarly manner. I must sincerely commend the organisers of this great event and I am extremely glad to have taken part in it. I learnt exceedingly... I am much better in eLearning discussions.”
“Well done and congratulations for an excellent meeting. It has been very fulfilling for me personally, an eye opener and beautiful linking up with colleagues and making new friends. A wonderful community! We pray this continues to foster from strength to strength with much fruit!”
“Indeed, it was a pleasant experience partaking in this Virtual Exchange. It was like moving around the globe with current learning trends/tools in less than 1 week!”
“Indeed we thank organizers for the match-making with the solution providers. It is an opportunity for us to schedule one-on-one meetings with them.. Together we can tap opportunities out there and solve the underlying challenges in our institutions and society at large by thinking and taking action together to advance teaching and learning in tertiary education.”
“I take this opportunity to thank the organisers of the eLearning Africa Tertiary Education Virtual Exchange 2021 for the excellent management of what has turned out to be a successful and highly stimulating event. It was indeed a memorable experience that left quite a mark on our academic journey. It was not only greatly enjoyable but also academically very profitable. I am looking forward to next year’s event.”
“This is just what some of us needed. I especially liked the networks some of us established that we never get an opportunity to establish during "normal" workshops and conferences! Well done Rebecca and team!”
“Thanks a lot for sharing with me this opportunity to learn more on this topic from the outstanding exhibitors. I really appreciate it.”
“Congratulations once more on the great success of the first eLearning Africa Tertiary Education Virtual Exchange.”
“It was really a very interesting event. Please keep it up.”
Schedule of eLearning Africa Activities 2021/2022
February 23 – 25, 2021
→eLearning Africa Tertiary Education Virtual Exchange Anglophone Edition
June 7 – 13, 2021
→The eLearning Africa Primary and Secondary Virtual Exchange
June 21 – 27, 2021
→The Francophone Tertiary Education Virtual Exchange
June 30 and July 7, 2021
→The eLearning Africa Academy: Learning Design Course 5 – Create Video Training Content
May 11 – 13, 2022
→eLearning Africa Conference Kigali, Rwanda